In the High Tatra Mountains, Slovakia
First Announcement and Call for Abstracts
The conference will provide the opportunity to present and discuss the potentials and limitations of current and possible future approaches to mountain forest management for providing portfolios of ecosystem services under current and future climatic and socio-economic conditions.
Themes of the conference are:
- Potentials and limitations of current management approaches to provide multiple ecosystem services
- Climate change impacts on ecosystem service provisioning in mountain forests
- Disturbance regimes in mountain forests and implications for ecosystem services
- Alternative management strategies in mountain forests and consequences on ecosystem service provisioning
- Decision support tools for mountain forest management
- Governance approaches to secure multiple ecosystem service provisioning in the future
Contributions dealing with one of these topics are welcome.
More information is available at http://www.nlcsk.sk/mfm-conference.